MiTek Corporation is a family owned and operated parent company to brands including MTX Audio, Xtant, Coustic and AtlasIED. MiTek's experience in designing, manufacturing, and selling high performance commercial, mobile, residential, marine, and motorsports audio has created some of the best equipment on the market.
MiTek offers a comprehensive benefits package along with long term growth opportunities across its many brands. Come join the family!
We are seeking an experienced and energetic Senior Software Engineer with a passion for audio to support our commercial division. Ideal candidates will have excellent communication and organizational skills, thrive at problem solving and have a customer focused mentality. Candidates must also be self-motivated, able to multi-task and work efficiently in a constantly changing environment with a diverse group of customers.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for the design and development of industry-leading commercial software with a focus on innovation and usability for the AtlasIED family of products. This position is also responsible for critical testing and triaging of problems prior to, and during, product validation.
Looking for qualified candidates in the following markets:
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Elkhart, Indiana
- Louisville, Kentucky
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Lead a team of software engineers, providing technical guidance, mentorship, and support to ensure the successful delivery of projects.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather requirements, analyze user needs, and translate them into technical specifications.
- Design, develop, and implement high-quality, scalable, and maintainable software applications using C#, .NET framework, Python, and other tools.
- Take ownership of software development projects, ensuring they are delivered on time and within budget, while adhering to coding standards and best practices.
- Participate in pull request reviews and conduct regular code reviews to ensure code quality, performance, and adherence to coding standards.
- Mentor and develop team members, promoting knowledge sharing, continuous learning, and career growth within the team.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance in system architecture, design, messaging, and optimization efforts to create robust and efficient software solutions.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand business requirements and propose innovative solutions that align with the company's strategic objectives.
- Stay up to date with the latest advancements in software engineering technologies and tools, and apply them to enhance the development process and improve software quality.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of software development processes, tools, and methodologies to enhance productivity and efficiency.
- Serve as a point of contact for technical escalations, resolving complex technical issues, and providing timely solutions.
- Assist in resource allocation, project planning, and tracking progress to ensure successful project delivery.
- Foster a collaborative and positive team environment, promoting effective communication and teamwork.
- Develop engineering product requirements.
- Write product/project documentation as required.
- Provide mentorship, coaching and guidance to team members.
- Develop ISO procedures related to software and ensure that both Engineering and MiTek standards, procedures and policies are maintained by Software Technology Department personnel.
- Develop and monitor test/trial software and utilities associated with the development and release of software products and installation packages.
- Engage with outside vendors on product scope, requirements, and design.
- Responsible for critical testing and triaging of problems prior to, and during, product validation.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field or equivalent work experience
Proven experience (minimum 5 years) as a Software Engineer, with a focus on building complex software applications
- Strong proficiency in C# and the .NET framework or other high level languages, with a solid understanding of object-oriented programming principles.
- Proven experience using Test Driven Development to build robust, high quality, complicated applications.
- Solid understanding of software development methodologies, including Agile and Scrum.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a team.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and deliver high-quality results within deadlines.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
MiTek/AtlasIED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.