MiTek Corporation is a family owned and operated parent company to brands including MTX Audio, Xtant, Coustic and AtlasIED. MiTek's experience in designing, manufacturing, and selling high performance commercial, mobile, residential, marine, and motorsports audio has created some of the best equipment on the market.
MiTek offers a comprehensive benefits package along with long term growth opportunities across its many brands. Come join the family!
We are seeking an experienced and energetic Product Manager with a passion for audio and product development. Ideal candidates will have excellent communication and organizational skills, be self-motivated, able to multi-task and work efficiently.
The Product Manager will be responsible for driving product strategy, scoping key features of product families, product development priorities and product release plans as it relates to the assigned product families. Most importantly, the position will be responsible for owning what a product is, and subsequently defining what a product is not. This position will be responsible for work on very innovative electronic products and requires close interaction with development, key customers, sales, and product marketing.
Looking for qualified candidates in the Elkhart, IN or Phoenix, AZ markets.
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify, and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth. Develop a clear market product strategy, along with creating a detailed product roadmap that outlines the key milestones, features, and enhancements. Continuously refine and adjust the roadmap based on changing marketing dynamics and customer feedback.
- Create buy-ins for the product vision both internally and with key external partners. Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact. Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes. Develop product pricing and positioning strategies. Evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed. Drive product launches including working with marketing team, executives, and other product management team members.
- Work closely with executive leadership, project management, engineering, design, sales, marketing, and other cross-functional teams to deliver quick time-to-market and optimize resources. Ensure seamless execution of the product roadmap.
- Collaborate with UX Designers, developers, and other Product Managers to design user interfaces for installation, commissioning, and runtime use. Lead product development of user-friendly and visually appealing product interfaces.
- Collaborate with the Sales Team to develop effective sales tools, training materials, and product documentation. Provide support during customer meetings and demonstrations to showcase product features and benefits.
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding. Build and maintain strong relationships with key customers and industry partners with the company network. Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services.
- Define key performance indicators (KPIs) for measuring product success within the company brand. Regularly analyze product performance against KPIs, gather user feedback, and identify areas for improvement. Use data-driven insights to iterate on products and enhance their value.
- Works with Project Management team to ensure MiTek gate processes are followed.
- Assist with the continuous improvement of the MiTek gate process.
- Ensure training and development of Sales and customer support teams are followed to exceed expectations of customers.
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Marketing or related field (and/or equivalent experience)
Minimum of five years’ product management experience required
Previous commercial audio experience preferred
Minimum of five years’ experience with agile product development methodologies
- Proficient in all MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Ability to learn MiTek’s internal computer systems.
- Ability to lead, train and supervisor others, including job training, planning and resource allocation skills.
- Ability to work with outside and inside vendors.
- Ability to manage several products simultaneously.
- Familiarity with UI/UX design tools such as Figma, Proto.IO, Adobe XD, or similar.
- Data-driven mindset with proficiency in analyzing product metrics and market data to make informed decisions.
- Proven record of success in coordinating product development projects.
- Deep understanding of audio technology trends, market dynamics, and customer needs.
- Excellent technical writing and editing skills as well as excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to think, behave, take action, and control work and decision making in autonomous ways.
- Proven record of managing product development to ISO 9000 certified development process or equivalent.
- Able to effectively manage customers in dealing with integration and field support issues.
Normal offices setting with some manufacturing environment exposures when not traveling.
MiTek/AtlasIED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.