MiTek Corporation is a family owned and operated parent company to brands including MTX Audio, Xtant, Coustic and AtlasIED. MiTek's experience in designing, manufacturing, and selling high performance commercial, mobile, residential, marine, and motorsports audio has created some of the best equipment on the market.
MiTek offers a comprehensive benefits package along with long term growth opportunities across its many brands. Come join the family!
We are seeking an experienced and energetic Software Project Manager with a passion for audio and managing numerous projects simultaneously. Ideal candidates will have excellent communication and organizational skills, be self-motivated, able to multi-task and work efficiently.
The Software Project Manager is responsible for leading cross-functional Agile team/s for the AtlasIED family of products. Process oriented with excellent communication and interpersonal skills along with the ability to influence or drive decisions from the relevant stakeholders. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of hands on software development experience.
Looking for qualified candidates - position is Remote.
- Proactively communicate with stakeholders and team members on project status, risk, and mitigation plans.
- Play a leadership role within our Agile/Scaled Agile development environment.
- Gather tasks and estimates from Software and Quality Assurance team members during sprint planning. Work with team members during sprints to ensure that sprint goals are being realized.
- Monitor and Develop Project/Sprint Metrics and identify areas of improvement.
- Engage with Product Owners, Project Manager to manage/assess all incoming work request on current/sustaining software projects.
- Ensure that all software and quality work artifacts are completed per organization quality standards.
- Manage project priorities in conjunction with other programs. Elevate risks to company stakeholders.
- Ensure that all team members have the necessary resources to complete tasks.
- Engage with external partners to monitor progress and deliverables.
- Think outside the box and demonstrate a willingness to research and overcome obstacles by utilizing industry proven techniques.
- Investigate Make vs Buy decisions. Engage across discipline to achieve results that meet Business, Customer and Engineering needs.
- Take the lead on identifying and recommending capability improvements into software development processes and tools.
- Able to communicate with team on complex system concepts.
- Lead team members to identify root cause of found anomalies, estimate development effort, and prioritize resolution.
- Ensure that reviews of documents, designs, code, test cases and user documentation is performed.
- Ability to interface at a high level with internal and external teams.
- Responsible for delivery process of software deliverables for manufacturing and customer releases.
- Engage with DevOps to ensure that build and test automation pipelines are in place during project execution timelines.
- Ensure that product requirements decompose to engineering product requirements in conjunction with engineering disciplines.
- Create Statement of Work to be utilized by external partners.
- Ensure that team produced all necessary artifacts to generate software releases to Customer and Manufacturing.
- Provide mentorship, coaching and guidance to team members.
- Develop ISO procedures related to software and ensure that both Engineering and MiTek standards, procedures and policies are maintained by Software Technology Department personnel.
- Engage with outside vendors on product scope, requirements, and design.
- Lead at least (1) LEAN initiative per year.
- Accountable to ensure that team members perform critical testing and triaging of problems prior to, and during, product validation.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering w/ Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 5 years of hands on software development experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of lead role in either capacity as an Agile Scrum Master or Software Project Manager
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience with software architecture from high to low level including all relevant technical documentation
- PMI and/or ScrumMaster certification is required
- Experience working with modern DevOps tools (Atlassian, Azure, etc)
- Lead multiple teams of 3-10 engineers and engage across Hardware, Validation, Customer Service, Product Management to achieve product objectives
- Create and present project dashboards, metrics and present to stakeholders
- Create Make vs Buy assessments and present to stakeholders
- Engage with 3rd Parties/Partners to complete SoW’s
- Exposure or experience with SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) is desired
- Familiarity or experience with network audio protocols (Dante, CobraNet, AVB, etc..)
- Knowledge with relevant programming languages, network technologies, communication protocols, APIs, and tools
- Familiar with and practice SOLID design principles.
- Ability to lead, train, and supervise others, including job training, planning, and resource allocation skills.
- Excellent technical writing and editing skills.
- Collaborate with other software, firmware, network, and DSP engineers to develop working solutions to various challenges.
- Experience or interest in audio/video, preferred.
- Ability to break large problems down into smaller tasks and help create development plan.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
MiTek/AtlasIED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.